Monday, July 14, 2008

The Beach Boys with John Stamos

Tonight we, Don and I, met my dad and his girlfriend at Ravinia to see the Beach Boys. We had lawn seats so we couldn't see the stage without moving forward towards the pavilion but we could hear perfectally. The lawn seats were sold out but the pavilion wasn't. As the Beach Boys start, they sing a song or two then they start talking. You know when some concerts are soooooo loud you can barely make out what they are saying, well even being outside of the pavilion it wasn't like that at all here. While they talk, they start discussing something, then all of a sudden they start talking about John Stamos Well low and behold, who walks out and then ends up playing with the Beach Boys most of the night.

I figure he's either got the summer off and has nothing to do or ER is filming in Chicago and he came out to play a gig with them. Wouldn't ya just know it that I was in a big hurry to try to get out of the house and I forgot my camera. My zoom could have had a couple nice shots; oh well.

Now I've got the hicups for the second time tonight and I'm really pretty tired. I no longer can keep those late hours any longer. Old age is setting in I guess.

No comments: