Thursday, June 12, 2008

the Garage Sale!

We decided to take a garage sale working break most of the day yesterday and it felt good. Today on the other hand was garage sale mania. I had a meeting at work for 4 hours and decided to take the train versus driving. The price of gas man! So anyway I woke up not feeling so hot but Don was up and outside getting things started for the garage sale. We decided to have it for 3 days and start on Thursday. Garage salers know...good sales start on Thursday.

We didn't advertise in the local paper. We didn't even get the listing up on the local Craig's List. We just used some good old fashioned neon poster board and about 6 stakes. We've always had great luck with my trusty signs.

Well Don practically ran the garage sale himself today. Brian was around and Brian's girlfriend Liz helped a lot. She even brought homemade cookies! At one point Don said people were parked 7 houses down the street and on both sides. The old guy who lives next door was out watching almost all day. Don said Al was sitting there in amazement because he'd never seen that many people at a garage sale.

Well as I promised I said I'd post a couple pictures.
Good news is...we've cleared tables. We started with 13 tables and Don says there are some empty now. They'll be full again tomorrow because there was some stuff that was never priced and put out. Better news...I've got spending money for my vacation next week ;)



3 comments:

SusannaT said...

Holy cow that's one big garage sale!!!

Ursula Page said...

I agree....that sale is HUGEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Laura...lots of stuff indeed! Glad you are getting some extra $$$ for vaca. :) Is that y our mom beside you in the bottom pic??
Suzie