Thursday, June 05, 2008

1 freaking hour!!! I'm so EXCITED!!!

Everything is packed. 99% of all my stuff is moved into my new room! We have ONE hour until SUMMER VACATION!!

Yesterday Don came and helped me move stuff and finish packing up. He took the train in and we rode home together. Actually he was not only industrious with helping me, he walked to the train and walked to the school. Those were both about 30 minute walks too.

Today Don got roped into coming on the zoo field trip with me and my class. It was stormy last night and got really hot and humid today. We both have some sunburn too. The kids seemed to enjoy it.

I actually today something that has never happened to me. We lost a kid. Well actually I think he lost us. We were lined up, all accounted for and we literally walked out of the underground dolphin viewing center and around a corner to go eat lunch. I must be a really BAD teacher but the kids and I didn't notice that the boy was missing for almost 10 minutes. We back tracked, found another teacher and she told me that a third teacher had my kid. We rode the bus with his class so I knew eventually we'd catch up. We never did find the other teacher but did find him at the bus line. I really didn't worry after I knew he was safe and ok.

What is funny is what some of the kids told Don as to what should be this boy's punishment. One girl who is so nice, honest, and a cutie tells Don that this boy should get yelled at 8 times and have a detention after school today. Wouldn't that be a nice for me to sit through on the next to last day.

I'm so glad that school is going to be over. I'm overly excited!!! Can I just tell you that I'm EXCITED!!!! This is my first summer in 3 years that I DON'T have classes to stress over.

No comments: