Sunday, September 03, 2006

Today I saw something miraculous

Today in church I saw something I would have never expected to see.
We have a bunch of friends who are in our small church group. Some of these friends
are the reason we started going to church again. Some are friends we met specifically because of our small group. These are the people who will stop and pray for you if you need it. I truly believe this group to be a strong reason why I continue to go to church. Well one man who comes to the group comes because it is a social gathering. He comes because he wife is a believer. This man comes to church to support his wife, period. That's all. He's told our group that he's a self proclaimed heathen. A Heathen.

Well today I've seen it all. This man, who calls himself a heathen was baptized. A full immursion baptism. There are so many people who know him that it was a total shock to so many people. Only 4 people knew it was going to happen. I swear it caused many people to cry. Jaws dropped. It was truly a miracle. I wish I had my camera.

If you believe in the power of prayer, this man told Don and I that he needs a lot of prayers right now. If you possibly could say a prayer for Dave that he continue to believe and feel the spirit in his heart. I know he would appreciate that.

I have to say, God works in mysterious ways.

2 comments:

Angelina Schwarz said...

Amazing, wonderful story, Laura! So glad you shared it!

Angela said...

Praise God!!!!