Monday, August 28, 2006

OMG how could I forget???

At our meeting today, we found out that our school met AYP!!!! We met with 100% test takers. We met in reading and we also met in Math!!! This was a huge undertaking, but we met in all of our 9 subgroups!!! We had been on "the list" of schools not meeting AYP, on year 4 of corrective action. Year 5 brings restructuring, so since we met this year, we don't move on to year 5. If we meet next year, or with this year's test..we come off the list all together!

Believe me...this was a schoolwide undertaking and a huge accomplishment. I need to tell all my Road Runner friends...CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Nancy said...

Congratulations to you and your school Laura. I know this means a lot to you.

Ursula Page said...

Yeah Laura!!! That is wonderful news!!! I love hearing about great things happening in schools.

Angelina Schwarz said...

YAY!!! I know what a huge undertaking this was for all of you and how hard you worked for this! I'm so happy for all of you!

Adrienne said...

That's fabulous news, Laura. I'm very happy for you!