Saturday, September 16, 2006

Is it Winter break yet?

Yikes my class has just been difficult. Kids who are way below grade level, kids who need social work, kids who need speech, kids with behavior issues, kids who don't do their homework, and a smattering of a few good kids thrown in. All of that and we've only finished like the 3rd or 4th week of school. To top it off I'm getting a sinus infection and my Masters class began this week too.

I've been working on getting Brian a 504 instructional plan set up at the highschool. They were to have a meeting on Thursday and haven't heard any outcomes from that. He needs these modifications set up to help him have success. He's already on a downhill slide with grades. I'm supposed to not push about homework because he says I'm on his case all the time. Yep I am but I'm a mom and a teacher so where does it say not to push? It is more than push, it is fight. If the kid doesn't begin to take it seriously, he'll be putting himself on the 5 year plan by the first semester of freshman year. He needs these modifications, they'd better see it too; and fast!

Club team volleyball tryouts are tomorrow night, Doug for sure will try out and probably make it, Brian is undecided but Don said he'd like to see him play so he'll have been playing up until the highschool season starts.

Doug has senior picture retakes on Monday. I hate having to retake them, but seriously the first ones were just not good. The yearbook pictures were rotten. There actually was only 1 or 2 that I would even consider buying.

I've continued to go to water aerobics. I feel better when I go, but I'm getting a sinus infection and I with that and pictures on Monday I hope I don't miss the Monday class. I also have loads of homework. My next masters class started. UGH it's like tutoring a student for 1.5 hours for 10 weeks on Tuesdays. The class is worth 1000 points. I can't believe 1000 points it is quite extensive and I'm just ready to quit. I'm so tired of working and going to school. I know I can't complain it is a free masters degree, but this is my 3rd year in the program and it's just burning me out, me and probably the other 25 students too. It is to the point where it is about jumping through hoops. That is the one thing about college and teaching, how many hoops you've got to jump through. Continually there are hoops, do this, do that, document this, document that, blah, blah, blah; change my name to Teacup the Hoop Jumping Poodle and hold up the hoop! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh right now my life is just to crazy and out of control for me. Does that mean that I'm a control freak?

Well I'll just keep plugging along trying to keep my head above the water, holding on for winter break.

1 comment:

Angelina Schwarz said...

You've been such a busy lady. Sorry everything's been so rough! I'm wishing for winter break for you soon, too!

I tagged you on my blog. When you get a chance, check it out!