Monday, September 04, 2006

Did I mention...

I'm a mom to two high school boys? I know you're probably
thinking geesh you're so young to have 2 sons in
high school let alone one who is a senior. Well you know
you're absolutely right! I am too young to have two high
school sons. LOL I know your eyes are rolling cause I'm
having a little laugh myself. Although I truly can't believe
that the boys are in high school.

This is so nice to have them together in one school again.
Poor Brian though, he's going to have the Jan Brady syndrome.
You know "Marsha, Marsha, Marsha". It's already started.
Some of Doug's friends, especially the boys from volleyball
walk down the hall and say "hi little Doug!" I tell Brian
that it's not too often that seniors pay any attention to
new freshmen, so that's a good thing. Hey can I help it
that Brian and Doug look alike to a lot of people? Good genes
I guess. He also says Doug taps him on the shoulder. I say
that he's your brother and at least he's acknowledging you're there.

So as we deal with looking at colleges, back to school issues, open
houses, senior pictures (don't even ask about those, that's a whole
nother blog rant) football games, homecoming and such we are just
hanging on for the ride. Don and I will be empty nesters way too
soon. I can't even bare to think about that yet. I am way too young
for that.

So this is another short week of school so after this week, we're full-tilt
and headed into a school year of many changes. I hope and pray some are easier
and less traumatic, and the year goes smoothly for all four of us.

Peace-out

No comments: