Tuesday, July 18, 2006

How do I get out of a funk?

From the day school let out for the summer, I was in classes 4 days a week and working on a big project in almost every other waking moment. Last Thursday classes finally ended. I emailed the answers to my final but I still have 2 mini papers to write and have submitted by Friday.

Since the classes ended, I have not really done anything. Last Friday and Sunday I got out of my pj's. But last Saturday, yesterday and today I'm not out of my pjs. Big improvement is today I showered with the intention to going to Target. I mentioned going to Target yesterday, but didn't. I've even made my list, so maybe I'll get up and go. I have a ton of stuff to do but for some reason I cannot make myself get going. I was up early, it's not that I'm just sleeping and not getting up, I've been up since 7:45.

My mom told me I'm decompressing from such a busy year. Last year I took classes too and it took almost the whole month of july to unwind. Well this year, classes went 2 weeks longer and now I have to be back for training at school on August 21. I'm worried that if I don't get out of this funk, I'll spend my entire remaining vacation in my pjs.

We've decided that we're going to Vegas. I'm excited, I've never been there. I'm not excited that we'll be there in August. Well I'll see if there is a difference between a dry hot and a humid hot. I guess I'll be out of my jammies that week.

I'm going to CHA on Friday. Hope I get to see some really great new stuff. I am picking up my girlfriend Pam and we'll get to hang out Friday. My friend Suzie will be there too shopping for her store Scrapbooking Outside of the Box in Bend, Oregon. Thanks to Suzie, I've got my pass. I'll also get to see my other tipster friends Margert and Ursula. Ursula has designed a line of paper for Polar Bear Press http://ursulacpage.blogspot.com/

Ok, please give me some love and tell me how to get out of my funk. Maybe I should have a get me out of my funk contest.

5 comments:

Sinead said...

hmmm...how about find a cool coffee house to go to?

By the way, I always spent a few days (or a week) once school was over doing exactly what you're doing. Makes sense that you would need a little extra time since you've been in classes all summer, too.

Have fun at CHA!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Angelina Schwarz said...

feeling funky, huh??! nothing wrong with a little time in your jammies. Think of it this way, by Friday, you'll be doing CHA (and I'll be in a funk missing you all and the excitement of it all)! Hugs!

Unknown said...

You just finished less than a week ago - I think you are allowed to stay in PJs for a bit! I remember when I graduated that I spent a full 2 weeks doing nothing but sleeping and laying around. I think you should give yourself credit and allow your body and mind to rest!

Have tons of fun at CHA! Sending lots of hugs your way. :)

Adrienne said...

Laura I'm so sorry you're feeling blah. YOu have been through so much stress with school and the move I say just don't be so hard on yourself! tomorrow should bounce you out of this funk with a visit from dear Pam and the rest of the gals. You'll have a blast and be back to your old chipper self in no time. Love you!