Sunday, July 23, 2006

Busy weekend

Wow, I didn't realize how busy I was until I got up today and had absolutely no energy.

Thursday I had a splitting headache, but had to work on cleaning my house and make a batch of homemade waffle cone bowls for our Saturday night party. Then I picked up my girlfriend Pam from the airport. We met up with Margert and had dinner. Wow what a fun night. I even showed them how to do the "pencil sharpener, the sprinkler, and the lawn mower" dance moves. I doubt they've ever laughed so hard in their lives!

Friday I met Pam, Margert, Ursula and Suzie at CHA, the craft and hobby industry's trade show. I walked around, made a new pin for my id lanyard, and a bracelet. When I went to Polar Bear Press's booth, I was the first to say "I saw your paper on your blog" and got a whole set of Ursula's new paper. There is a link to Ursula's blog on my sidebar.

OMG I walked around so much that my feet were absolutely killing me. I even wore my Nike walking shoes. Saw Jen Wilson's great paper at MME. OMG I may have to get me some even though I've gone digital.

Ran into Rhonna Farrar. She is so cute and talented. I've seen her there each of the past 3 years.

After I came home, I wrote my last 2 papers and then I was really, totally finished with my summer courses.

Saturday the boys helped me finish cleaning the house. Doug actually mopped the bathroom, kitchen and the living room. Well I'm so grateful and you may be thinking wow, but really it took him 15 minutes. My house is tiny. So even though it was small, it was a big help. He also went to the grocery store with the promise that I would let him pick out the cereal and the cookies! Oh and that he could get what ever he wanted for lunch. He got hot chicken tenders and tater baby potatoes. LOL

So I came home, unloaded groceries then started cooking & cleaning. Oh I found this most delicious and fast salad. Romaine lettuce, drained black beans, corn, salsa, shreaded cheese, ranch dressing then put some restaurant style tortilla chips on top. Seriously 15 minutes, start to finish. Next time I'm going to add some chicken before I put on the beans & corn and make it a meal for my family.

We'd been watching the weather all week because we wanted the party outside. After the beginning of the week being as hot and humid as the tropics, it cooled off and it was beautiful all day. Seriously just as the guests pulled up, the clouds opened up and started storming. After the terrential downpour, it did slow down enough to get the tables & chairs into the garage, dry them off, get the food outside and move the grill and umbrella over so we could cook. It actually cooled off again and wasn't bad. No bugs! So although it was rainy, it wasn't all lost. It just would have been cramped if we had been inside.

Ok, so after a busy weekend, I totally had no energy to move my butt off the chair. So I found the cord to my older digital camera, downloaded a bunch of pictures. Before I did that, I did this layout.

Ok, so I lied...blogger won't upload my photo. Grrrrrrrrrrrr

1 comment:

Nancy said...

You tease! I wanted to see some pics! LOL. Sounds like you had a great time this weekend. I am so jealous.