Monday, April 16, 2007

Update on the countdown

Today was the first day back after "spring" break. I put spring in quotes for the mere fact that we had snow and temps in the 20's and 30's. Therefore it was more like a winter break do-over. I am a bit glad the weather was horrible because I was inside working on my paper for so long. I had a hard enough time concentrating as it was without gorgeous weather.

Tomorrow is parent-teacher conference day. I really feel this is one of the worst days of the year. I really dread having to continually tell parents..well you know when your child does not do their homework, they aren't getting enough practice and therefore that is why his/her grade isn't really good. You'd think that parents would start to give a hoot. Some do and then there is those who don't. Nice example for your kids to live up to.

Ok today there is 67 more days until the last day of grad school and a teacher at work says there are 38 more school days...only 35 with kids. This teacher has had the countdown going since the first day of LAST year. she's retiring...can you tell she's ready??

Still haven't gotten back my edited version of my paper. Hopefully soon because I know it still needs work.

I also have a paraprofessional project to do. Maybe tomorrow after conferences. It's just too nice looking outside to sit behind my computer all night. That and I want a night off. I can sit, watch tv and grade papers. That's another part of the job I hate.

No comments: