Sunday, April 01, 2007

Spring updating

I've been trying to decide what to do with my bathroom since we've moved in a little over a year ago. I've never really found a shower curtain that's really caught my eye, until today. Most won't believe my new shower curtain, but I think it's fun and whimsical! I need some fun and whimsy in my life with all the stress that is coming sooner than I care to deal with.

I found out last week that my last day of my master's program is July 12, 2007!!!!!
Between finishing all of the work involved between my current class, my action research project, the next class projects, and updating my teaching philosophy and finishing a few more portfolio projects, that is daily stress.

There are also about 40ish days until the last day of school, which is also the same day as Doug's graduation. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I can't believe it's been 13 years already since that very first day of kindergarten and the principal said, "Parents I give you the class of 2007."

While shopping today, I asked Don if he ever missed having a little kid around. Can you guess his response???? He said, "NO!" I tear up every time I think of graduation and how fast the past years have literally flown by. Forty is just a new chapter in my life. I'm only 2 months into my 40's and I've still got a lot to experience.

Anyway, I'll share a photo of myself with my new glasses. I get comments about them all the time. They are my hip glasses. I guess it's part of the am I accepting being 40 syndrome.

And just because it's spring, I had to brighten up my dining room with 3 bunches of mauve tulips. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Ursula Page said...

cute curtain and you are one hot Mama in those glasses :)

Anonymous said...

Love the new shower curtain Laura. We had our family reunion at a beach house several years ago. The house was gorgeous and it was decorated from top to bottom with a monkey theme. Your glasses are funky and so very YOU!
Nancy M

Anonymous said...

Those glasses are funky, way to go you! Such a fun shower curtain! Love the monkey/tropical theme!

Helen