Monday, April 09, 2007

SPRING BREAK!!!!

It's finally here!! I'm on spring break. Albeit alone, my kids were off 2 weeks ago but for all the homework I have due on Friday, alone/quiet may be a blessing.
I've got about 3 weeks left of this class and one final class to finish over the summer before my master's degree is finished. FINALLY THE END IS IN SIGHT!!
The problem is that half of the final assignments coming due are BIT, REALLY BIG and they carry over to the summer semester for the second part of the grade. Right now I have about 25 pages of an action research project due on Friday. It's the rough draft, but the other half of the class is due a week from Friday. Bummer being in the A-M half of the alphabet. Therefore I'm frantically scanning tons of research and articles for the largest part of the literature review. Unfortunately, the topic my students struggle with is a topic that is not clearly defined and written about. I have to use a bunch of different types of research articles and pull a lot of ideas into my topic. It is definetly not what I had in mind, but I really think this topic will be useful to me for future classes and with the darn state testing.

OK other plans for the week: buy the musical tickets for the Music Man that Doug's school choir is performing, today is a badly needed cut and color, run to take the vacuum cleaner in, update a college library card, mail off the boxtops and soup labels for the school and hopefully watch Brian play in his first volleyball match of the highschool season. He's been inelligible due to grades but for the first time all year there are NO F's!!!! Friday is the meeting which he'll hopefully qualify for an IEP.

Ok rambling finished. I do have a cool new digital scrapbook project that I'm secretly working on. I'll do some posting after I continue testing out what I'm doing to see if everything is working perfectally!

If your weather is beautiful...will you please send me some...it's 30's here and gloomy gray. I need a little warmth and sunshine to make it really feel like spring, not to mention spring break!

No comments: