Friday, April 13, 2007

Ever feel lucky on Friday the 13th??

Well I do!! Today was the day I've fought and fought for. Today was the day the school finally decided that Brian should have an IEP. He has definitely qualified for a while, but they've finally decided that he's had enough F's that he needs something. I was exhausted fighting this fight. I almost gave up many times. I can't count the number of times I've thrown my hands up and said I can't do this anymore.

Well today I finally feel like we've won! I'm so glad I didn't give up. I'm so glad I didn't just let my kid fail without fighting for him. I really hope that my son can see that I've fought and fought and now he's got to become his own advocate and fight too. He's got to get in gear and be successful. We've just got some things in place that should help him do that. My comments to the people last week was you know he qualifies, what is the worst that will happen by giving him an IEP? My answer to them was the worst that would happen is that he'll be successful. I truly feel that's true because without one we've already been experiencing the worst, he is failing. So in my opinion what's the worst is already happening so how could it be worse.

Ok it's been a rotten weather for spring break. We had snow on Wednesday and Thursday. Today is sunny! Now I have to work on this paper, the rough draft is due to be emailed today. GRrrrrrrrrr

My friend Chris, who is on vacation in North Carolina and her paper is due next week, had a dream that the professor died! Yikes but someone said he's more like Cybil and you never know who is going to show up and instruct the class. Notice I didn't say "teach"???? He's really taught us nothing. Good think I am not paying for this master's degree!

Ok...I've started the count down...there are 70 days until the last day of the last master's class!

No comments: