Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Return to one little word

Today I went out with my girlfriend, Marybeth. She has a calming effect on me. She's a Christian, down to earth, honest, and a happy, loving person. She's one of those people whom you wish you could be just a bit more like. I guess I also like that she's a very optimistic person too. She always sees the good in things even if things seem not so great. She's always supportive and caring. She always gives more than she takes, and I enjoy spening time with her and her family.

Well after I came home from our little scrapbook shopping trip, I could have been a bit more like her and did my work. Marybeth you did do your bookkeeping work today right??? Well I came home and had another quiet afternoon. Brian slept until after 2, when I actually woke him up, and Don slept until almost 5.

I worked on a CD calendar with images from my Baltic Cruise vacation from last summer with my mom. I'm all ready to print them and trip them up. Couldn't finish because you'll never guess where my paper trimmer is...that's right Marybeth's house!

Later we went to see a decorated house Brian had told us about and then stopped by the mall to see the lights that were in sync with Trans Syberian Orchestra. The tree in the center of the mall and snowflakes on the outsides of the stores were flashing on and off to the music. It was a bit short, but it was fun to see.

Then I came home and worked on some knitting. As I was about to go to bed (yes it was before this blog post actually,) I got beat into the bathroom by my son, then my husband. I decided to check my facebook and saw someone else had posted about their word of the year. Well I've mentioned this before and it made me come to my blog, look up my list and go to look up the meanings of the words. I've got the appropriate definitions written, I've looked at the synonymns for the words and they keep leading me back into a circle because they all seem to have some similarities. Anyway the list is narrowed to:

Harmony, Serenity, Restore, and Balance. I did have simplicity on there, but when I read that it means the absence of luxury I decided no. I'm able to splurge and have a bit of luxury in my life. I take care of 22 students, 2 children, 1 husband, 2 dogs, and a fish. I'm the only girl in my house and if I want to pamper myself with a bit of luxury like a pedicure then I can't choose the word simplicity. Simplicity in other areas will lead to harmony, serenity, restore, and balance.

I will review the definitions again tomorrow and of course think and pray about the word I should choose.

Until next time...Ciao!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Laura, Laura, Laura....thank you so much for your kind and encouraging words. I am blessed to call you friend and to be Sisters in Christ together. I'm waiting for you to get to my house to we can scrapbook (maybe the last time) before we both have to go back to work on Monday.