Friday, December 19, 2008

Snow Day....My Way

Well it wasn't an official snow day for my school district. See my district never calls a snow day unless Chicago Public Schools do. Seems crazy that our administrators won't make a decision that looks out for the well-being of their staff that needs to travel so far, especially considering the superintendent lives further west and south than I do. Anyway, my policy on snowdays is this...If I will have to leave over 2 hours early to make it on time, if the schools in my area close, and the majority of schools on my route to work close, then the roads are probably too bad for me to try to trudge along at 15 miles an hour. So today was my unofficial snow day.

What did I do on my snowday? Not so much; and it felt great! Made a phone call to the college, made chicken, noodles, and mashed potatoes for dinner, took a shower, scrapped up some dirty dishes, clogged the sink with potato skins, and that's about all. I do need to make some Jello-Pretzel salad for dinner tomorrow and wrap all the gifts for our family Christmas tomorrow.

I should also be finishing Christmas cards, I have about 10 left. I need to make cookies. I also need to balance my checking account. I just have little things to do over winter break, unless you consider decorating for Christmas and finishing shopping little things.

This weekend is going to be busy, but what else do you expect hearing from my blog. I guess I don't know what to do unless I'm super booked and busy. I'm really out of sorts when I don't have plans. That is what I need to learn to work on.

YIKES!!! I just remembered I have a knitting project that I need to finish by tomorrow too! That's it, I'm done, that project MUST be done!

Adios!

No comments: