Tuesday, December 16, 2008

A wedding and a narrowing of the list

This weekend I went to my cousin's wedding in Columbus. He was in from Virginia to get married to his high school sweetheart. It was great to see him and finally meet her. I've been around but never met Lacey. Matt is my cousin who I continually brag about as he was the one who played football for the Naval Academy.






I haven't had time to edit these photos, sorry. You can see a few more from the photographer on Heather Claypool's blog.


Also, after considering what I want for my life next year, I've been narrowing down the list. Here is what I'm down to:

Harmony
Serenity
Compromise
Restore
Breathe
Balance
Simplicity

I'm also thinking of removing breathe and compromise. I need to breathe every minute. It's something I don't want to have to stop and do. I'm also tired of compromising. I've compromised a lot this year and it's not about me compromising anymore. It's about taking my life back into my own hands and taking care of myself, mentally, physically, and emotionally.

So now I've narrowed it down just a bit, it helps to sit and type things out so when you reread it you see it right in your face.

Hope you are having a wonderful week. There are only 3 more wake-ups left until break! YAHOO!!!! Considering that yesterday morning I drove to work on ice and tonight it took amost 2 hours to drive home through the snow, I'm in a pretty ok mood. Of course there are a few children at school whose neck I'd like to wring, I'll try to get a few things done and then maybe I'll feel better. Tomorrow is a looooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggg day with a meeting during my planning period, an after school meeting, 2 assemblies we are performing in during the day and the evening performance for families. So I'll say another prayer to get through another day.

Ciao!

No comments: