Saturday, March 15, 2008

Ughhhhhhhhhhh papers

I have so many papers to grade and I absolutely HATE grading papers. It's just that for each assignment I give, the kids do it once, I have to do it 25 times. Ok so if we do spelling, math, and science in one day, and there is homework, I have 75 different papers I have to touch. Don't get me wrong, whenever possible I have the kids grade their own papers and I enter the scores into the computer. There are just sometimes they can't grade the papers.

What puts the pressure on is the fact that the end of the quarter is this Thursday. I really want to have all my papers graded and entered into the computer before spring break so I don't have that hanging over my head. Right after we get back we have to work on grades so the report cards can be printed. I thought that could be my job after spring break. Report cards, that is the second worst thing about being a teacher.

Well I have all that blah to look forward to this weekend and this week but tonight we are going to a St. Patrick's Day party at a friend's house. We went last year and had a great time. I love corned beef and cabbage. They've found the best way to cook corned beef, in the pressure cooker. They've found the best way to cook all those veggies too, they boil them all in their turkey fryer. They fill it up with water, start it boiling and put in the veggies. No fat, no big danger of fire like there is when frying a turkey. I thought that was absolutely brilliant!
I'll need to be eating a lot of those veggies because I totally blew all my weight watcher points on a naughty dinner on Thursday. We got steak and shake. Let's just say DON'T EAT STEAK AND SHAKE WHEN YOU DO WEIGHT WATCHERS OR ARE ON A DIET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well this is the end for now. Enjoy your weekend! We have family portraits today and I want to do a couple of fun things and Don says, we should just do the normal pictures. Well I'm going to win, I hate those photographer sit this way, pose this way kind of pictures. I want fun and unusual. They make such better pictures because they're so much more natural. Today's photos are for the church directory but what I'd really want is for my friend Ursula to come to Chicago and take my family's pictures. You can check out Ursula's photography website here and then check out her blog too. She takes such fun and interesting, yet casual photos. I'm sure if she'd come up she'd find some really cool and exciting backdrops for some pictures. I do have some really photogenic boys! Oh did I also mention handsome??

Ciao!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so i take it from reading your post for today you are not coming to scrapbook... : ( I'll miss you but have fun getting your pictures taken and at the party tonight