Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Just worked my butt off

or at least a bit of it. I actually just got home from an hour workout at the Y. It was actually a bit relaxing. Yeah right, for those of us who hate exercise, I'm right there with ya, but when I was sitting, pedaling on that bike for 30 minutes I didn't have to think about anything that I had to do. I sat and listened to my ipod and watched Wife Swap and Deal or No Deal. I read those captions while listening to the music.

Well anyway I started on the eliptical for 15 minutes and went .95 miles. Then to the bike were I numbbed my but and feet but rode for 4 miles in 30 minutes. After that I thought about leaving but a treadmill opened up so I thought ahhhh, what's another 15 minutes. So I walked, even put some incline on the tread mill. Then I got brave. For the last 40 seconds I pumped up the speed to 4.0 and jogged for 40 seconds. No big deal for those of you who are in shape and run, but I don't run. Actually my body's been feeling the urge to move. Today Doug went to school with me and taught the kids how to play blob tag and at the end I linked hands and ran around like a school kid. I ran, then tonight I ran/jogged again.

I'm mighty proud of myself for that! I think it meant even more that I got up my gumption and went alone. Nobody made this body fat and overweight but me, so I guess nobody can make it skinny and more healthy except me too. Just it would be fun to have a workout buddy.

So this week, Don and I walked down to check out a house that caught on fire on Sunday, so we walked about a mile. Monday, I took my ipod and became a "hall walker" at schoool and did two laps of each of the 3 floors including the 3 flights of steps two times. Then today I did all that exercise at the Y. I actually have 5 activity points I can eat on my Weight Watchers account, but it sure would be nice not to have to. I have 2 points left today so there is my skinny cow snack then I think I'm done. We do have a St. Patrick's Day party on Saturday night with friends so I know I'll use more points there then I should. Although I'd think cabbage and boiled vegetables should be free!

I want to give my good friend Marybeth a shout out! She's decided to get healthy and she's started a blog. You can check it out here!

Ok so I've written enough for today. I think my skinny cow's calling my name.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You go girl!!!!! I'm very proud of you for all your hard work......Keep it up....we will have to plan on doing some walking together once this weather warms up and it's enjoyable to be outside....lol.

Anonymous said...

meant to say thanks for the "shout out"! : 0 )