Saturday, October 27, 2007

posting from the "get well :) network"

in other words that means I'm sitting here posting from my son's bedside in the hospital. We got a call last night around midnight that he was feeling horrible. The worst headache he's ever had. 45 minutes later the phone rings and he says he headed to the ER. Remember that Doug goes to college 45-60 minutes from home. I get up, get dressed and get out of the house for that long drive to the ER. He looked terrible and he said his head throbbed with every heartbeat.

He's had a ct scan, lumbar puncture and now a mri. He's on high doses of pain killers and it is NOT killing the pain. They are ruling out serious things such as tumor, meningitis, brain infection but they don't know what's causing this. He said there was a noxious odor in his dorm room for 2 days and that could very well be it. Don and I went today to check it out but I thought I smelled something faint but Don and the dorm lady didn't.

He's on iv's and is hardly eating. He throws up more than he takes in. If he doesn't improve, he'll be transfered to one of the university hospitals in Chicago. I pray he starts to recover overnight.

I've been going almost non-stop since 1:30 this monring and I'm quite tired. I did read a little bit but now I'm about ready to doze off in the recliner for a while. Thought watching the world series would be fun tonight, but Doug's sleeping and the tv seems to only have no sound or loud.

luckily we are in a brand new hospital with a private room. They're all private! This hospital opened 3 weeks ago, it is beautiful, sorry I can't supply you with a couple of pics.

Please keep Doug in your prayers.

1 comment:

Angelina Schwarz said...

Oh my gosh, Laura!! I hope Doug's doctors get this all sorted out asap! I will keep you all in my prayers and keep checking for your update.

Ange