Friday, January 12, 2007

A Surprise Package

We continually get a call from an old neighbor saying I've got your mail. See the old mailman is not forwarding our mail, even though we do have a forwarding order in place. Thankfully the person who bought our house is kind enough to bring the mail next door. Today's call was just a slight bit different. This call said, Hi Laura, it's Robin. I have mail for you. But today there is a package. My son ran over there and picked it up. He met my husband and I got a call that the package said "Oprah Request."

I figured that it was something being returned to me that I made for Oprah. I figured they finally got around to open it and they didn't want it. But another clue on the box said "picked fresh."

The mystery deepens! So I tore open the box. There was a letter from Apple Bottom apologizing for taking so long to get my jeans. The jeans I was given when I was on Oprah's Favorite Things in 2004. I just today received my Apple Bottom jeans and for the problem of getting them to me they sent a free shirt too! I'd given up all hope. Heck it's been over 2 years. What a nice surprise!

They fit like a glove too. They feel custom made, although I know they aren't. I even got a compliment from my husband. He said, "Those jeans make your but look good!" Wow two nice surprises in one day. My kids said, "Mom you're supporting a rapper." So they are cool today!

So here they are...my Apple Bottom jeans.



Here is the shirt I got for my inconvenience. Mine is white, not brown.


I also got a ton of Christmas cards. Shellie I got your card today, thanks!

Also, here is the folder that I made for Oprah as a way to show my gratitude and appreciation for everything I received.

Blogger is being a poop and it won't let me add those photos.

4 comments:

Deena said...

GRR i hate this new blogger...

Anyways, that is so cool you got that package, but i think you should have gotten more than a t-shirt for waiting 2 years LOL

Angelina Schwarz said...

Very cool, Laura! What a cool surprise!

Can't wait to see the folder you made! When blogger hassles me about uploading photos, I upload them to photobucket and just put a link on blogger. Not as fun to scroll through, but it gets the job done!

Anonymous said...

What an awesome surprise! (But I;d expect a little quicker turn-around time from Oprah!!! LOL!!

~ashleigh said...

how awesome! First off that you were on Oprah's fave things :O) Secondly, that you got a new pair of HAWT jeans!