Friday, January 26, 2007

Just a busy blogger

I've been busy lately and have not been worrying about my blog. I've also been avoiding it because I've really not wanted to post about things that have been happening. First of all, my birthday was getting close and I was dreading turning 40. Well I couldn't avoid it, it happened today. So Happy 40th birthday to me. I like to really think of it as the 11th anniversary of my 29th birthday.

I've also been busy with Don. Last Saturday we were with our small group of church friends and had just finished having dinner when Don had a seizure. Out of the blue, and never before has this happened. He went by ambulance to the ER and was released but we don't have any idea why it happened. This was not the end of our doctor visits. Tuesday we were at our doctor. Tuesday night we were back at the hospital at 9:30 for a MRI. Wednesday afternoon we were at the neurologist. Thursday we were back at the hospital for an EEG. Today I had to take off to recouperate, and on Monday we'll be back at the neurologist. We are hoping to get good news and that Don can drive again and go back to work. He's still feeling like he's got this virus that has started almost a week and a half ago, and that the sinus infection isn't gone yet, and the cough is still hanging on. Not to mention that he's still got the headache that won't go away from the very first day of the virus.

Ok, all that being said, I was scared to death seeing him go into a seizure. Everyone said that I maintained my composure in amazing fashion. It sure puts things into perspective though. Here I was worried about turning 40 and this happens to my husband. I don't care how old I will be as long as he's healthy. What worries me though is a couple things. One, will this happen again and two why doesn't it seem like, for a healthy 41 year old, that he's bouncing back to his normal self?

Today I did a scrapbook page. I really like this one a lot.



The credits are here

Ok, no blogging for me until after Don and I go back to work, my portfolio is finished and I get my book order organized and submitted.

Until then...adios

2 comments:

Sara E said...

cool title and LO...icely done

and,,,hey,,,I turn 40 in May...no big whooop....it's just a number to me...........but happy birthday to you!!!!!
cheers!

Angelina Schwarz said...

WOW! Laura, I'm so sorry I missed this! (((BIG HUGS!))) Everything going on with Don must be terrifying! I will be adding him to my daily prayer list...and you, too!

PLEASE keep up updated!