Saturday, January 13, 2007

Oprah's Favorite Things

Now as you know, my big secret is out. For those of you who don't know me too well, I was selected to be on Oprah's Favorite Things show in 2004. It was the show for teachers. You had to go onto her website and write a little essay about why you are a teacher. I did, only one time no less. I found out others wrote in more than once, twice, or even three times. I got a phone call at school that I had to return and I was invited to be on Oprah. I got to take one teaching friend with me. We went early that Saturday morning and stood outside for about an hour. It was the Saturday before Thanksgiving. It was very unusual because she never tapes on Saturday and the past two days worth of previews were talking about Monday's show being the OFT show. Then they said OFT's with a twist. I kept telling my friend, what if it's the show. Then it started out all normal, except they fed us a snack in the waiting room. Hmmmmmmm was that a clue? Did they know we were going to be there a longggggggggg time? Next Oprah started it out all normal then broke into today's Oprah's Favorite Things and elves came out, trees started coming down from the ceilings, and soapy, snow bubbles started falling. The place started changing into Christmas, and then the fun started. The yelling and screaming freenzy began. It was unbelievable, and the screaming was not fake. It was something you never, in any way, shape or form, ever believe you'd experience.

Anyway, I know I'm going to get those questions "What did you get?" and as time goes on, I inevitably forget something. Often it's something big. I've decided to post the link to the Oprah show for that day. This is exactly what I received. I also get the question were you on tv, yes a couple of times, and sometimes it was just my boobs!

Now I always get this question too, how do you get the stuff home?? Well when you see the elves pass out the stuff, that stuff you get one of, you keep a pile of stuff, as best you can, down at your feet. It gets crowded. Then after the show, they come out and explain a lot of things. Then we got a file with gift certificates and forms to fill out and complete. They had due dates and also let us know that some things, like the tea pot would not ship out until after March. That is where I thought I had returned my card too late for my Apple Bottom jeans. I was holding off because they didn't offer my size. Then I wrote a note saying if you have a larger size, could I have that. I guess I thought too-bad-too-sad, you get what we offer, or my card arrived too late. I was waiting to see if I'd lose weight. HAHAHAHAHAA. So that's it, that is my story in a nutshell. I guess it's my 15 minutes of fame and my brush with celebrity. And for that one additional question... what was your favorite gift? I'd have to say I have 2. One was the trip I took to Mirival with my husband. It was beautiful, relaxing, and unforgetable; we want to go back. My other favorite I'm using right now, my laptop. I think other than being on vacation, I've used it everyday since receiving it. I've used it so much that there are dips in all the home row keys, the a, s, n, e letters are almost worn off and there is part of the space bar kind of dug out from where my fingernail hits it for each and every space.

3 comments:

Deanna said...

OK how absolutley COOL is that!....her favorites...is the best show in the world to watch...and now I know..well kinda...someone who was on it!

Anonymous said...

OMGosh, that's so coooooool! You lucky you! LOL! Enjoy, you deserve it!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's awesome! I would have loved the clothing prizes! I'm a clothes horse lol!

Stephanie Ogren