Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Happy New Year!

I hope that 2006 is a healthy and prosperous new year for one and all. I have decided not to make any resolutions because I'm horrible at keeping them. I guess I would like to become healthier and wealthier and just always be happy. I would like to make sure I'm at church each week and that I can be a better mom. I could also be a better house keeper, cook, wife and ....

You get the picture I think I could improve in all aspects of life but without happiness then is any changing worth it?

I've thought about making sure I read a book a month, working more on my scrapbooking, trying to keep up on some laundry, making sure my photos are backed up monthly, learning to use my D-Rebel a bit more than just on auto and trying to do things not at the last minute.

See I have thought about resolutions...I guess I don't think of them as resolutions any more I think I call it reflections. As I think back, a professor I had during student teaching said, "Laura you need to not think as reflecting as being hard, you just need to write down how you feel and where you think you would like to change things. It gets easier the more you do it." Well J. L. Hervey, here it is...my own personal, technologically advanced reflections...I call it my blog.

As 2006 begins, I reflect upon the past year and I am thankful for so many different things. I am happy I have a wonderful husband and two great sons. My friends are wonderful and so supportive even when they are dealing with issues so much larger than my own. I have had the chance to declare that Jesus is my Lord and Savior. I am being given the opportunity to teach and touch the lives of young children for whom need me just as much, if not more than I need them, and make new friends and learn about so many different aspects of life and religion.

Thanks for a great 2005 and here's to a terrific 2006!

No comments: