Monday, January 30, 2006

P is for...

Portfolio!











I bet you thought I was going to say pain in the butt!
Well that would be a metaphor for my portfolio.
This has been a work in progress ever since I started back to school.
But in my case, P is also for procrastinator.

This is one-third of how they determine if I am awarded my masters degree.
This is 9 different projects, 9 papers that show how each of the projects meet anywhere
from 2-4 different professional standards and 9 different papers telling how the projects match my educational philosophy, how I learned from them, and how I'll use the knowledge I've learned.

Needless to say, this has been a learning experience in itself.
I am making myself this promise...

I WILL NEVER LET THIS GET SO FAR BEHIND!
I WILL DO THE STANDARDS AND REFLECTIONS AS SOON AS THE CLASS IS OVER!
For everyone who hounded me, provided me with chocolate and caffine, and kept me going,
I owe you all a huge...
THANK YOU!
Now we'll all need patience. I don't get this back for several months.
Two different graders go through it to determine if I am on target or if I need to go back and redo.

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Congratulations! That is such a huge accomplishment. Just getting it finished should be worth a Masters. LOL. I know you will do well Laura. You are smart, persistant and hardworking.

Zoe said...

ya laura go laura !

Zoe said...

oh
and nice header ;)