Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Reviving an old craft

I've really gotten into wearing knit scarves. I wear them a lot and once a student asked me, "why do you wear a scarf inside?" I replied, "I think they are cool, they keep my neck warm and it makes me a bit unique!"

I've been wanting to learn how to knit, but then I hear it's difficult. I don't have any extra time to learn something new right now, maybe when I'm really old. So I decided that I would revive an old craft I learned in about 7th grade. I've started to crochet again.

I have to say, I bought this cool little book about scarves and shawls. I can't wait to start on this really cool scarf!

So after a bit of a self-taught refresher course and learning a new stitch I've started on my first scarf. I'm a bit excited and can't wait until I get it done and can wear it and show it off. Since I'm just a tad bit excited and have done this much in less than 24 hours I thought it deserves a sneak preview tonight!

No comments: