Wednesday, December 28, 2005

the active, rambunctious kid is diagnosed


Today it came full circle.
A life of "active" behavior, the impulsivity and the issues dealing with focusing and fighting over homework may be over.

Brian was diagnosed today with ADHD.

Tomorrow he starts his medicine.

Now my questions start.
Will my son's behavior change?
Will I see more focus & remembering from him?
Will he do his homework with out arguing and might he start to like school?
Will he change?
Some things I want to change, but there are the unique "Brianisms" that I don't ever want to lose.
Today things changed for him, for us.
Tomorrow things will change for him and us too.
One can only predict the changes, but we'll have to see what happens.
One thing is for sure, I don't know that it would get much worse.

Let's pray for a very positive change in Brian.

4 comments:

Adrienne said...

It's bittersweet, huh? On the one hand it's fabulous to have a diagnosis and possibly something to help. Then there's the "will my child change" scenario. I believe he will remain who he is (if chemo didn't change Cole LOL) and actually improve those qualities you love so much about him. Big hugs to you and please keep us posted on how things go! Sending you prayers, too.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad. I can just see the relief in your post. I hope this is all you need and that Brian still remains "Brian". Praying along with you!

Karen

Nancy said...

You have my prayers Laura. I do think this will be a very subtle change. Not a big personality change, just a more focused person. Tell Brian he has a whole team of TIPsters rooting for him.

Adrienne said...

how's things?

Any noticeable changes? How's Brian feeling?

Happy New Year chica!!!