Friday, April 03, 2009

My mind made it worse than it actually was

Surgery that was. Luckily, I was scheduled for 9:00 surgery and I was on time. We had to be there at 7:00 just in case I had to have any tests before the surgery. Well can you believe they actually made me take a pregnancy test. Guess what..... it was postive...........NOT! Could you imagine dealing with a new baby in the midst of all this crazy busy life????

Well I was very nervous about being fully put under and was considering twilight and once the doctor said that my neck would be tilted backwards that was it; I went fully under.

Don said surgery was a little over an hour. I remember going under, and I remember coming out. Why is coming out worse than going under? I think I woke up crying, coughing, almost felt like choking because of sinus drainage, and with the most horrible instanteous headache that wouldn't go away. After throwing up, a dark room, my ipod's relaxing songs setting, a bit of rest, and strong drugs to get rid of the headache, I was feeling better. That was until after the ride home. Sick again, bed for a nap then up until 10 last night.

I really can't believe that I was so stressed out over this. Today feel really good. I hope I'm not cursing myself by saying that, but I do feel good. I'm glad I didn't decide to teach today, but being up, showering, went out with Don for a couple errands and a couple movies. I feel a bit tired but hey it's 7:00 pm.

I am really pain free, but it itches to the point it's driving me crazy. Not sure if it's the incision or the tape that has been holding on the gauze to catch any drainage. I just know having the bandages off feels so much better. LOL I look funny with a little drain tube hanging out of my neck but this should be coming out tomorrow.

Anyway, I have a huge pile of movies we've rented this weekend for my viewing pleasure:
Slum Dog Millionaire (sort of disappointed, not as good as I thought)
Marley and Me (pretty people to look out, but brought back sad memories of putting my pets to sleep)
Nim's Island (in my queue)
Michael Clayton (in the queue)
Mama Mia (in the queue)
A League of Their Own (waiting just to hear Tom Hanks say "there ain't no crying in baseball")
Night's in Rodanthe (still in the queue, but I hope it's somewhere as good as a combination of Pretty Woman and Under the Tuscan Sun and I'll be as happy)

Now it's Friday night and there isn't much on that ever interests me. I love What not to Wear, but not so much in the mood and I absolutely cannot stand the Howie Mandel show, This is Howie Do it.

I'm going to say adios for now. Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

SusannaT said...

Take care of yourself and keep positive :D
You're in my thoughts!