Sunday, April 19, 2009

Back to the grind

Yes, today is the very last day of spring break. It was a nice week weatherwise at the end of the week. Today is drizzly, gloomy; kind of like my mood of returning to work. I have plenty of people who have counted the number of weeks until summer vacation. 7, there are officially 7 weeks until school is out. Now with the weather getting sunny and warmer, keeping 22 fourth graders focused on school gets much more difficult. There are about 3-4 more weeks of teaching the college students. That will be a nice change not to have to grade double papers, tests, etc. It just gives me a couple more nights to get caught up and ahead for the crazy last days of school.

I have enjoyed relaxing this week. I found the button for my finished Finnish vest. I just need to break out the needle and sew it on. Now that it's done, it's almost going to be too warm to wear a wool vest. I've also got a little Kimono done, just needs ends tucked in, blocked, and cords tied on. I'm swatching the yarn for a pair of booties. I love knitting, especially since I'm getting better at it, with new techiniques and pattern reading. I just hate swatching though. I've got 2 projects I want to finish up with that too. UFO's for you knitters!

I've got plenty of UFO's related to scrapbooking. I'm heading to my friend's house to work on one of those UFO's. I've got my Oprah's favorite things book to put together and journal about. I've also got the digital urge to work on my Miraval spa book too.

Before I do that though, I need to finish up Don's business cards, write bills, and finish a book I started called The Old Willis Place.

Well as you can see, way too much going on and way too many weeks before summer vacation. I've also got to plan a family birthday for Brian, there's also Mother's day, and placement of students for next year. That means I also have to have all the folders updated and in place before that happens.

Hope you have an enjoyable week. When I get a picture of that little kimono and booties, I'll definately post along with a picture of my finished, Finnish vest!

Ciao!

2 comments:

SusannaT said...

Can't wait to see how your vest turned out!

Willow and Wattle said...

Yeah, I'd like to see the vest too!