Saturday, March 28, 2009

Midweek Date night

Very rarely, until recently, have Don and I had date night. We've had extremely busy schedules, and with growing boys, date nights seem to go by the wayside. With the boys almost grown, date nights have been more accessible. We have been able to do more together. Well Don and I had a mid-week date night. Don rode the train into the town where I work, then we drove to the Garfield Park Conservatory. They were having a spring flower show and I thought that might just be a good thing to help keep my mind off of my upcoming surgery.

The great thing about going here is that it's free. They suggest a donation, but it's not mandatory. They have a great palm house, fern house, the show garden, a children's garden, a sugar garden, succulent (desert) garden, and a houseplant garden. The palms were huge. The ferns and mosses were green and beautiful. Two of the gardens had pools in them with fish. The one garden still had Chilluly glass in the pool with large koi in it. Then at the end was a waterfall. Oh I could have sat there and just chilled out for hours. I actually told Don that would be a beautiful place for a hammock.

Anyway, here are a few photos.


This is the relaxing pool with the Chilluly glass.


They had beautiful hydrangas.


Spring was in the air.


They were said to have over 700 azelas.


How could you see this cactus and not laugh? We had to take a photo of it.


That was our date night. Not fun for all, but enjoyable for us. We went for pizza at Ledos and had salad and pizza. I gotta tell you, I'm not as young as I used to be because date night wore me out. Not used to being on the go from dawn to dark.

No comments: