Saturday, February 07, 2009

I see some friends have been here

but no comments? I'm so sad. I do try to update this old blog as much as possible, but sometimes I want to post but I don't want it to be a posts of whining. Today, there is no whining! Today, February 7th in the Chicagoland area was 50 degrees! Fifty freaking degrees! Ok, from previous experience, 50's in February means two things: One, everyone, especially school children, will get early spring fever and it will be hard to keep them focused through state testing in mid-March, let alone until April's spring break. Two, this is always a sign that we're going to be hit with a huge snowstorm again before spring gets here. After all it is February and there is still lots of snowtime left in this old winter.

I've also been knitting. I finished up a scarf for my son away at school. It would be a nice thought that since it was finished on the warmest day of the winter season if it would ward off any more bitter cold days. I've got to get started again on my vest. I can't wait to finish it and wear it before the winter is over. This is with my yarn from Finland. I've also gotten bit by a bug to recycle yarn. Today for less than $10, I got two 100% wool sweaters and a lambswool & angora sweater. I have to deconstruct them, but I really am thinking a pair of cute fingerless gloves might be an upcoming project with something from the wool. I did find a 100% cashmere sweater, but the condition was a bit felted. Not much worth buying and not in the best shape either.

So I've got spring fever a bit today and with the vase of stargazer lillies on my table is making me long for the sweet smell of flowers. I've got a butterfly project I started late in the summer season last year that I think soon I'm going to hang up and enjoy. When I get them hung up, I'll try to snap a couple pictures of them. Just trying to decide how to hang them, find a stick or hang them individually from my lamp in the dining room?

Well I hope you've had a great day, beautiful weather, and are enjoying your weekend. I'll try to be back soon!

No comments: