Sunday, September 28, 2008

Is it really Sunday already?

Wow the weeks seem to be flying by. Before I know it, it's going to be Christmas. Yikes, no way I'm not ready for Christmas and really cold weather.

With it being Sunday, it also means laundry, lesson plans, grading papers and trying to get some things ready for next week. Unfortunately it is going to be an even crazier week due to the fact that a car we are borrowing from a friend won't start and it's something with the fuel filter or fuel pump. Now we are down to one car again.

Doug came home and was here for about 24 hours. He picked up his glasses that were replaced and has a trial pair of contacts. He has an appointment next Sunday again to have them checked. So we'll get to see him for a short amount of time next weekend again.

Brian, he's having difficulties in school. I had to take off a day from work to go to the school for a meeting. Based upon the meeting has forced me to play my hand and create a homework requirement rules. They are strict and to the point. They lay out the law and it makes the rules and Brian responsible and the consequences are laid out in stone. No arguements, no discussions. It will be, "What do the rules say?"

In school on Friday I got told that a student would be transfered into my class. Ok, that's fine, it's normal for the most part but this new child doesn't speak English or Spanish (not that I speak Spanish, but she would have been placed accordingly if she did) She speaks Arabic. Don't even ask me if I speak Arabic!

Yesterday we went apple picking right in our own backyard! Although we didn't spray the apples, many are consumable. I've eaten a few, I'll be making applesauce and some are good enough for apple pies. I wanted to get those done today but I'm just not too sure.

Well this post was just meant to be a short update. I don't really have any new pictures to post or much else to say. If you drop by please say a prayer that things with the borrowed car work out.

have a good week everyone!

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Oh no, fingers crossed for your borrowed car. That stinks! Hope Brian flourishes under the new homework rules too. I know how tough that can be on all of you. Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog today; they really did make me feel a lot better and gave me some much-needed perspective.