Thursday, December 21, 2006

It's almost here!

Vacation that is! Tomorrow is the last day, FINALLY. Today we went on a field trip and OMG note to self, think twice before scheduling a field trip the day before a vacation/party day and also reconsider taking a "few" gems on the field trip next time. I swear field trip days are more exhausting than any normal week at school.

I've given the office staff their gifts yesterday. I gave my custodian his scratch-off lottery tickets tonight so I wouldn't forget. I'm done wrapping the student gifts. For a few friends at school, I've made Buckeyes for a small little gift. What you don't know what buckeyes are? If you do...you're Ohio State fans, I'll post the recipe below. In the mean time, here is a sneak peek. Now we believe that a real buckeye candy still has the hole in the top! ;) I have all my gifts boxed, and they are ready for the giftwrap. I just need to get a huge burst of energy tomorrow night so I can get wrapped, get the laundry done, and get all packed before we leave for Wisconsin on Saturday morning.

This is our first year that we've not spent Christmas with our families. Don, the boys, the dogs and I are headed to a chalet cabin in Northern Wisconsin. We were hoping for a bunch of snow but we've heard there isn't any. Bummer, the kids were really looking forward to snowmobiling.

Well I think this will be my last update until after Christmas. I really hope that you have a fabulous holiday and that Santa brings you everything you've wished for.

Have a Merry Christmas!


Buckey Candy Recipe

CANDY:

1 stick softened butter
1 3/4 c. (1 18 oz. jar) creamy peanut butter
1 tsp. vanilla
About 1 lb. confectioners' sugar

CHOCOLATE COATING:

1 (12 oz.) pkg. semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 tbsp. vegetable shortening

Cream butter, peanut butter, and vanilla together, adding confectioners' sugar until proper consistency is reached. Roll candy into 1-inch balls and place on wax paper-lined cookie sheet. Melt chips and shortening together in top of double boiler. Keep chocolate mixture in double boiler over low heat while you dip each candy. Using a toothpick, dip each ball, covering about 3/4 of candy. Place candy on sheet to cool.

1 comment:

Angelina Schwarz said...

Hee hee, just to be irritating, our family calls Buckeyes "buck balls". A nod to the deer hunters, roflol. You know, they're every bit as tasty, even when named after an animal appendage, roflol. Hope you're having the most fabulous time at the chalet!