Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Christmas Questions

I've been tagged by Angelina. Thanks Ange :)~

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Wrapped.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? House none. Large tree-colored, but this year is a small tree, I want it white.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? No

5. When do you put up your decorations? When ever we get around to it.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Cheese ball

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? I remember always drinking 10 cups of water on Christmas eve because then I was guaranteed to have to get up and to go to the bathroom and be able to see if Santa had been there yet.

8. When and how did you learn that Santa isn't real? Hmmmmmmmm I'm a firm believer that there is a Santa, in someway shape or form.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Yes. Just one.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? Lights first, then ornaments in random places. It is a lot of different ornaments, then the little heart ornaments get to fill up all the tiny spots.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love it while it's falling and there is that peaceful "snowy silence" but could live without it.

12. Can you ice skate? Nope.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I remember the Barbie town house, a Care Bear most of all.

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Seeing the excitement in my kids eyes.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? I love a lot of the cookies my mom makes, Anise drops, homemade carmel, buckeyes, Lebkukhian(sp) a German cookie, Pizzelles.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? When our kids were little we started a contest with my parents. It is called the decorated car contest. We start at Thanksgiving and go until Christmas. We count decorated cars, those that have bows, wreaths, Christmas lights etc. The winner gets a little trophy for the year.

When we were young, we used to draw names and you would have to keep it a secret who you got. Your job was to do nice things for that person without them finding out. As you did nice things, you would put a piece of straw into the manger. The goal was to fill the manger with straw before the birth of Jesus.

17. What tops your tree? A old fashioned looking santa

18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving gifts? Not sure, depends upon the year and to whom

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Sleigh ride and Chestnuts roasting by an open fire. They must be the Johnny Mathis versions. Although Rob Thomas and BB Wyans have a really great duo too.

20. Candy Canes on the tree? No

That's it for me! I'm tagging Ursula, Christine Smith, Mary Canavan

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohh you got me LOL. I'll do it tonight.

Adrienne said...

LOL the 10 cups of water!! Too funny. And I really like your do nice things and put a piece of straw down idea. That's a great one.

Christine Smith said...

ya got me! I'll post my answers in a bit.