Sunday, December 10, 2006

We think we're getting an acceptance letter!

Some of you know that I'm almost finished with my master's degree in reading from Northern Illinois University. Well my son is a senior and we've been going through the college application process. Let me mention that he put this off until the last minute too! I think it's a boy thing. Well because I know a little about maneuvering around the NIU website, I found a link to check on freshman application status. We've been watching because we had to have the application in around Halloween. Every other time its said application incomplete. We figured they were making the determination, entering things into the computer, waiting to see if a better ACT score came through, things like that.


Well today when I was checking on information for my class, I decided to hop over to that page and check the status again. Well today it said ADMITTED Incomplete. Which after looking it up means you've been admitted, but your paper work is incomplete. It also probably means they don't have final transcripts and of course $$,$$$!!!

So although Doug is not one to show much emotion, you can tell he's just a tad bit excited. He HAD to retake the ACT and had to score at least 3 points higher. He did and now it looks like it's paid off. He's waiting to see if he gets accepted into Eastern Illinois too before he makes his decision, but for now, he'll be stalking the mail lady every day.

Now I can be just a little relieved and whisper...
go huskies!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WooHoo...way to go Doug!

Laura, I know you are thrilled and proud. I know I would be.

Nancy

SusannaT said...

Yay for Doug!!!!

Christine Smith said...

wooo-hooo!