Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Betcha thought I wouldn't have another post so soon!

Fooled ya! I can't believe I'm actually still awake and able to post actually. Returning to school after 2 weeks of vacation is exhausting. Thankfully I think my students are still a bit lethargic and still getting back into the swing of school. It's a constant battle with the structure and discipline but it's best for this class. Today during reading, I sat and looked around while the students were reading a short part of our story. All the students were actually working, quietly, independently. I hate to say this and jinx myself, but this group works best in partners and individually.

I also mentioned before I think that I'm in a biggest loser contest at work. I just need to get back into my weight watcher mode of journaling and focusing on the water and fruits and veggies. There are 3 others on my team and it's nice to feel a bit supported. I have become a "hall" walker. I've set up a route to walk in the halls at school. Today I got 2 other competitors to walk with me. We walked for almost 3 minutes. I'm going to try to walk about 30 minutes 4 days a week. We have an hour meeting on Wednesdays each week so I think Wednesdays will not be a walking day. Now if I can only find that Wii Fit game too. I did come home and had a few Wii sports punching bag sessions.

Tonight I got to sit and watch the premier of the new season of Biggest Loser. I should be able to watch next week also, but then I start teaching again at the local college on Tuesday/Thursday evenings. When the teams weighed in the first time I sat there and almost broke into tears. I feel for each of them and know I need to do the same thing they are doing. When they weighed in after the first week, it was amazing to see them be so successful. What really brought me to tears was the fact that 9 teams had to send one of the teammates home. 9 teams lost their partner, friend, or family member. They have to be brought back by the remaining team member losing enough weight to remain at the campus. Each time I watch that show I'm so motivated, but I really, really need someone like Bob or Jillian to push me. I know that I need to have the motivation to do it myself and I can only do it when I'm ready. This time I'm making sure the BIG GUY is on my team. I am going to try to pray daily for the will power, motivation, and the ability to do this. I lost 30 pounds last year on weight watchers and have kept most of it off. I want to make it even more.

Well that's about all that's going on so far this week. We have plans with friends on Saturday night. I also need to get some things done to prepare for the college class. I also want to get everything graded for school and be ahead for when grades are due for report cards; which will be here sooner than we think.

Thanks for dropping by! I hope you're having a great week and are trying to keep your resolutions. Adios!

No comments: