Sunday, November 16, 2008

Next projects

I'm a never ending source of next projects. I'm horrible about starting something and not ever totally finishing it. Like now, my hat, made with yarn from Finland is sitting 95% complete. I only need to finish those i-cords. That is if I truly feel I want them on there. I must think I do because I keep wanting to finish them.

I also have a sweater in process. I've lost interest in that for now; partially because I'm having problems getting the sleeves started and I don't know 100% how to connect them or that I'm sizing things correctly. I'm seriously considering taking another knitting class about sizing things properly and reading patterns.

For now, I've also got 2 new projects sitting on the back burners. One is this sweater. It's called the Amhurst cardigan. I also have yarn from Finland for this. It's all knitting so it should really go fast. I just am not sure which size to make it in. I think I'll take my yarn, and buy the pattern online, and take it to the knitting shop for a bit of help. I've been trying to find a knitting group but I just haven't yet found the right one for me.

I've also got this in mind too. This one was made by Lisa McGarvey at 2 peas in a bucket. I had a difficult time deciding what size I wanted mine in. 7 Gypsies first created a 2x3 altered trading card size (which is what the photo was) and now they have a 4x6 size. The 4x6 was more expensive by $10.00 but It would give me more room. I don't intend on using the photo sleves, just putting on the photos and the pages and the journaling. I've taken over 600 photos on my cruise and I want to squeeze as many of those puppies on as possible.

But until my Christmas journal is finished, I can't really start on either project. I'm having an all day scrapfest with my friend Marybeth on Black Friday! I'm so excited I just can't wait. I'm excited about all the time off in the upcoming future. I just want to sit and be creative. I guess I'll need to budget in the cost of printing all of my photos too. Maybe I'll start small just do one country at a time.

Until then, I've got Christmas shopping to do. I did accomplish getting 3 gifts today. I've got other ideas and that's the best part, I'll just be able to accumulate the money and make a big shopping swoop. I'm actually getting excited about also putting up some Christmas decorations. It will be simple again, but I can't wait to get the icicle lights up in the living room and warm up the cold, dark nights.

Well I've got pumpkin bread half made and now Don brought me the veggie oil I ran out of. I can get it made and in the oven so I can hopefully get to bed at a half way decent time tonight.

No comments: