Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

Today is Thanksgiving. There is so much in my life I have to be thankful for. I've got a great husband and two wonderful sons. I have two adorable dogs who greet me everyday at the door. I even "have" a cat I guess. My husband has started feeding the stray outside. I have a great family. I'm lucky to have a job that isn't affected by the economic downturn in the stockmarket. I also am grateful to have a second job that helps pay the bills also.

I have some really great friends. My friend Marybeth and I are supposed to spend our black Friday in our own little scrapfest. I can't wait.

I also have a wonderful friend Helen, who lives in Texas. When she knew my life was a bit stressful, she offers me a free ticket to come down to visit. He opened her home and her heart to give me a weekend of fun and a bit less stress. The weather was beautiful. Meeting her kids was a lot of fun. Her husband fixed a great dinner on Sunday of homemade BBQ pulled beef brisquet. Her house is new and beautiful. She's got a wonderful space that she's working on turning into a scrapbook room that when finished will be so inspiring and cozy.

Helen, I can't thank you enough for the wonderful weekend you gave me. She also sent me home with some delicious minty, chocolatey Austrailian cookies. I was nice and shared with my lunch group at school. They thought they very much tasted like Girl Scout Cookies.

I know there are so many things I have to be thankful for. There is so much God has provided for us and so often it is simply an afterthought. God has blessed us with such a great life and great friends. If we fail to thank him for his bountiful blessings, then we forget the whole meaning of Thanksgiving.

Thanks be to God for the wonders he continually provides.

So again, I wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving. It should be something we actually remember to celebrate each and every day.

1 comment:

Willow and Wattle said...

awww, so glad you had fun Laura! Thanks so much for the compliments! Hee!

Just on a side, where on earth do they come up with these verification words...the one below is minglymo. !!!! Ha! hahaha!

Oh oh! that ufo...you know they one out on the highway, people used to live in it. Found a site today with an older photo of it, no smashed windows.