Saturday, November 01, 2008

I can tell I'm still stressed

Do you know when you are under stress? What is your typical response to stress? Well mine is junk food, mostly candy. So mix being under way too much stress and Halloween candy and you have a true problem. I've been eating way too much chocolate candy. I've also been drinking hot chocolate and eating chocolate frosted long john doughnuts. I feel totally out of sorts with my diet.

This was another stressful week. I go to work, my class has a lot of stressful students, I go to the college and that is another bit of stress because I worry am I really teaching the students useful reading strategies, then I was observed this week. Then I come home to my family. Although this week has been a bit better, with no yelling, we have my mom's dog while she's in Paris. I also have college tuition hanging over my head. We also had another IEP meeting and did get a few things cleared up with that. I hope things are on the downslide of stress.

One great thing that has come about is that my good friend Helen McCain is willing to host a stressed out friend for a long weekend. I've never been to Texas, other than a lay over at a Texas airport, so she's invited me to stay with her. She actually said, "stay as long as you want," but I really think that if I just permanently moved in and camped out on the couch for months would wear out my welcome! LOL! I'm so excited to go and tour around the Dallas-Ft. Worth area. I really just want to bum around and avoid as much stress and thinking as possible. I hope the ticket issue will work out for when I'd like to go.

Another bit of a stressful situation is the fact that report cards are due on Monday by 9:00 am. I'm so far away from getting those finished that I'll probably be working on laundry, bills, and grading & report cards for most of the day tomorrow.

I really just want to go hang out with my friends and do anything that avoids thinking. That is not really a good thing, the avoiding thinking, but I know that I'm exhausted and trying to avoid anything that is stressful. It is probably a mechanism my body is using because I'm either depressed or I'm trying to avoid being depressed. I'm hoping a good long weekend away will help me snap out of it. I'm truly anxious for Thanksgiving and that long 2 weeks of winter break. It can't come soon enough. But having that come means more stress of the holiday season and shopping.

Well that's not worth thinking about tonight. Tonight is for trying to get my things done and changing clocks. Maybe that extra hour of sleep will help snap me out of my funk.

Sending hugs to my friends and family.
Ciao!

No comments: