Sunday, August 17, 2008

2nd Place

My oldest son plays on the church softball team. They play in a church league all summer. Well near the end of August is the league tournament which determines the winner of the league. Doug's had a lot of fun and a few injuries playing. I have to admit, it is a much more laid back team and it has been great being able to go and watch. As much as I don't miss the scheduled practices, 3 or more games a week, tournament after tournament, being the taxi mom to the fields, I do miss watching him play.


This is his life. He wants to play and coach sports. He loves it so much that he's determined that being a P.E. teacher is a way to take what he loves and help others find it meaningful too. I give him credit, I think we all need to find what we absolutely love and do it. Whether or not we make it our career, we all need to love something fun. I know I need to follow in his footsteps just a bit.

Well the tournament was yesterday. Don and I didn't get to watch the first game in the morning, although we did get to watch him hit. We had to drop some stuff off at the field before heading out to the college for Don to take some tests.
With 4 or so hours in between their first and second game, we were able to finish testing and get back to watch the final 2 games.

The outcome of the tournament was pretty good. There was 1 or 2 bad calls by the ump against us, which could have meant the game went the other way, but they came in 2nd. Pretty good considering the 1st place team only lost 2 games all year.

Well here's to the 2nd place team. They're all good sports and really nice people, so it's nice to be able to congratulate them here.

No comments: