Sunday, February 03, 2008

That knitting I thought was hard...

isn't as hard now as I thought. I finished that scarf that I started in the first knitting class. Then I was a glutton for punishment because I signed up for the next class 201 where I learned to purl, increase, and decrease. In that class we worked on a ribbon shawl. I am almost totally finished with that except that I'm out of ribbon and can't get more. I bought the last one. I'm going to have to tear over half of it out so I can have enough ribbon to finish. Grrrrrrrrrrrr that is going to be a serious PITA because we weighed the ribbon to determine where half was. I just don't think there is any other way to fix it without ripping it out.

So because I knew I would be finished with the shawl soon I decided to use the gift certificate my bro and sil gave me and finally bought some coveted alpaca yarn. This is the softest yarn. I bought baby alpaca yarn and I swear I can't wait to wear this scarf. To me I'd love to be floating on a cloud of alpaca yarn. It's soft, the colors are beautiful and it makes me happy. So happy in fact that I made the whole scarf in one day! Oh it is a yummy scarf, no pictures yet, and it matches the sweater I'm wearing tomorrow perfectally. I'm wondering if I should save the new scarf and sweater outfit for parent teacher conferences on Tuesday. Can't decide, we'll see what kind of mood I wake up with in the morning. My mom is going to love the color and I know she's really going to want one. I think that my knitting practice is going to get a work out because I see a lot of my family will probably be getting new scarves for Christmas next year. Heck if the snow keeps up they'll need them this year.

Speaking of snow, it snowed all day Thursday and most of Thursday night. We got at least 8 inches. Everyone around my house was cancelled on a snowday, but wouldn't ya just know that my district didn't close. We only close if Chicago Public Schools close and that rarely ever happens. Well this afternoon we got hit with another winter weather advisory. It's been snowing for hours and we've got another 4inches of snow, easily. Some places nearby even had thunder snow.

I actually have a couple of fun pictures of the snow we have.

Busy week this week. Haircut, weight watchers, work, and passport pictures probably tomorrow. That and an early morning to get ahead of the traffic with the snowy weather. Tuesday is conferences, Wednesday is meeting day and I just stared a women's Bible study. thursday will be reading group after school, and Friday is Friday. In two weeks that 3-day weekend is over-booked. Friday night is girls' night out, Saturday is scrapbook day with friends, Saturday night is Vegas night at the church in which we will go with friends, Sunday is when we'll probably celebrate my sister's birthday and Monday, President's Day, is the day of my spa day. By that Monday, I'll need an ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh day.

I know I've run on and on and on in this blog post. Rarely am I ever this chatty on my blog. I'll upload my winter pictures and then I was going to eat an orange, but I think bed is calling me much more loudly than the orange.

Oh...forgot to mention...I finally took down my Christmas decorations today. Realize it took me 25 minutes and a lot of them were "winter" snowman and snowflakes, but the tree is down too. Now realize my tree was half covered in red hearts so technically I could have considered it a "Valentines' Day tree." But anyhow it is finally down.

Ok now the pictures I promised.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Laura, the snow pictures are gorgeous! I can't wait to see the scarves you made. It looks like you are really going to need them. Brrrr.....
Nancy M

Anonymous said...

oh you are one busy woman! the alpaca scarf sounds yummy, can't wait to see some pics of it.

Your cruise sounds very exciting.

thanks for stopping by my blog and your compliment on my pages :)