Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Oh Yeah....I'm a LOSER

and this I'll say loud and proud!

I've been going to Weight Watchers for a while and I've been really happy with the fact that I can eat whatever I choose and it's a slow and steady loss. Tonight I hit my 10% goal. That's the first biggest milestone at WW. Although I weighed in tonight, I'll celebrate with my meeting on Monday night.

Most people don't usually hit a 25 pound milestone and their 10% at the same time but I did so I'll get a few little rewards. I'll get a 10% keychain, a charm for losing 25 pounds and I'll get a magnet to keep me encouraged to keep going.

I kind of feel like doing a happy dance around my house, that is if I didn't feel quite so bad.

I went to work today and this afternoon I started feeling like a 2 year old who gets the gunky eyes. For some reason my eye is pooping out yellow globs. I know I need to eat and throw in a load of laundry then sit and relax with a warm compress on my eyes. Maybe I'll manage to make it to see Project Runway. I hope it's a new episode tonight.

Also I talked with my dad tonight. He's got 2 more days until he retires! Wow he's always been a work-aholic, that is where I get it from I know, but yikes retire! If I retire at the same age my dad is, then I'll need to teach another 24 years. I can't imagine how different kids and education will be in 24 years. It's almost scary to think about it. What is even more scary is that I rememeber in 1st and 2nd grade having teachers who were older than dirt back then, I mean I thought they were 70ish then, and yikes what's it going to be like when I'm teaching and in my 60's???

Well that's a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggg time away so I think I'd better worry about making it through this week, next week's big state tests, and then the last few days before spring break. Ahhhhhhh if I can make it through this week, there are only 13 days left until break! Unfortunately we have such an early Easter this year, it's going to be a longgggggggg time between when we get back and the end of the year.

I'll have to ask my girlfriend, who is retiring this year, how many more days are there until the last day of school.

Until then, I just need to feel better to make it back to school tomorrow. I don't need to worry how many days until break or until the end of the year, or until my own retirement. It's a lot. What's helping me muttle throug until June is this wonderful vacation with my mom. Ohhhhhh I can't wait!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you! I tried ww and just couldn't do it - so proud of you though! Hope you are feeling better - put some warm tea bags on your eyes - makes them feel way better!

Anonymous said...

wooohooooo! Congrats, Laura! How inspiring!