Monday, December 24, 2007

-4.8 is a glorious number

Who would have thought I was brave enough to go weigh in at Weight Watchers on Christmas Eve? Last week I had my first gain and I tried to be good this week and track points as best as I could. Well I was expecting another gain, but low and behold I lost 4.8 pounds. So I lost what I gained last week and then some. I'm still working towards my first 10% but so far i've lost 14.8 pounds.

I'm finding that with extra support at work, 4 of us do weight watchers, and Don trying not to buy junk, that I'm doing pretty well. I like that I can eat what I want but have to make choices. I'm finding I love spinach salad and I'm trying to be creative with chicken breasts.

I also realize that this really isn't a diet but a lifestyle change. I am going to try to hit the Y more these next two weeks and make the boys come with me.

I know I still have a long way to go but I heard this quote at my first or second meeting. Loosing 100 pounds 1 time is hard but loosing 1 pound 100 times is easier.

That is what keeps me going. I'll go weigh in on New Year's Eve too and let's hope for another negative number!

No comments: