Sunday, November 18, 2007

I'm a blog slacker

or am I a poser blogger? That is one of Brian's favorite words...poser. Somehow it's starting to slip into my vocabulary too.

I'm so glad Thanksgiving is almost here. I'm looking forward to having Doug home for a few days. I'm also looking forward to having 5 days off. I do need a little bit of a break and I think that will be just enough time. I'm actually in a bit of a Christmas spirit this year. Last year I just wanted to get away. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to go back up to that cabin again this year but Doug needs to work over break and we're trying to save some money. I am in the mood to start some simple decorating. Our house is really small and putting up our old Christmas tree is out of the question. I'd have to move large furniture and block my front door and I'm choosing not to do that.

I'm trying to think of some "winter" decorations that will last a bit longer than just through Christmas. I'm thinking of getting some star lights and icicle lights to hang from my front curtain rod. I'm going to use a smaller tree and I think it's going to have star decorations. I've been trying to collect star ornaments for a few years now to collect in a basket and have my family put on a smaller tree as we all do thoughtful things for one another. I know I don't nearly have enough star ornaments to cover a tree, but I think with a few simple ornaments, a few of my favorites, and the star ornaments I do have it should be a very special tree.

I'm also looking for some other simple but interesting ideas. I found these white birch decorations at crate and barrel They are way too expensive for me to buy but I'd really like to find something similiar. I'm also looking for some little dorm sized decorations to throw into a care package to send off and have there when Doug goes back to school.

I saw these really cool button trees on Ali Edwards' blog and now I'm kicking myself because I gave a ton of buttons away to the art teacher at school, otherwise I'd try to make one of these myself.

I'm really interested in seeing what cool holiday decorations you are making. Give me some cool inspiration! I'm in a creative mood!

Caio!

No comments: