Wednesday, August 22, 2007

I'm here to report...

I only cried a little bit when we took Doug to college today. We were rushed because since tomorrow is the official move in day they wanted the routes cleared from cars starting at 5:00. I did help get a couple things in his closet so he could put away his clothes tonight and we got his bed totally made. We got him the cables he needed to hook up his computer and his tele. We took a fan and bought him a second one. He's on the 5th floor, no elevator, no airconditioning.

While I was there I felt he was going to be ok. He told his dad he really had a lot on his mind which I'm interpreting into nerves. I made him a list of about 5 essential things I wanted him to try to get done in a week. You know, pick up books, give the bursar some information, drop off immunization records, put the late night ride service number into your cell phone, those types of important things.

I took pictures and Don took his own pictures. I can't wait to start to use them on a couple of scrapbook pages.

Ok it's been 5 days of training and 2 more to go. I went to school after training yesterday and tried to get my bulletin boards done but it seemed to be 1 step forward and two steps back. I got my alphabet up with the border strips on that board. I got the borders on 3 more bulletin boards. I still have to get up the calendar and the important information on that board and the border too. I also have to unpack the shelves and get the new books in order. Rearrange the desks and tables, put up a welcome bulletin board with all the students' names, make name tags and put them on desks, and then probably a ton more. I've got 3 afternoons left, I don't know when I'll stay and get it all done. I'd stay all three days but it's been so hot and humid and the sweat just pours off me. One window, no airconditioning, second floor.

On other things going on...Brian is registered for school and if his schedule is rearranged like I think the counselor was telling me, he'll only have to make up one semester at summer school next summer. That will be 3 weeks and then he'll have caught up on all the missed credits. Please pray for a successful year!

I also don't think that I've mentioned that I've accepted a digtal scrapbooking creative team position with Valerie Fowler. Val sells at here at The Digi Chick. She's really wonderful and I think you need to check out her store. She's also got some great stuff being added to the store tomorrow. Again, check it out!

Well I think that's all for right now. I'm feeling much less emotional and stressed now that we've got Doug out at school and we've missed the rush of move in day by taking him out a day early.

I've got to scoot and download AIM so that I'll be able to communicate with Doug when needed. I want that up and running in case he needs something in the next couple of days.

As Brian says, "Toodles".

No comments: