Wednesday, July 25, 2007

splurged on myself

Today I got up and got some of my jobs done. I decided to take my boys to the mall after Brian got home from school. I should say I decided on going to the mall and the boys took me...Doug drove! But we couldn't get to the mall without picking up friends. 4 teenage boys and me, I'm sure it was a sight driving down the road.

I mainly wanted to go to look in Coldwater Creek. They were having a sale so I thought I was in luck. No luck, I couldn't find anything to spend my gc on. It seems a little too "formal" for me although they are not really formal.

I decided to go into Bath and Body Works to get some bodywash and foaming handsoap. I gotta say, I love that the manufacturers have created foamy hand soap. Well I was a bit disappointed when I found my favorite scent,White tea and Ginger, has been discontinued...WHAAAAAAAAAAAA

So I only got foamy handsoap and some lip gloss. I went on the advice of my cousin who was up for the graduation party who said, "B&BW has the best lip gloss." I'm really not a lipstick/lipgloss kinda girl, but decided to give it a try.


This is the Mentha-lip gloss. I loved that it was infused or made with peppermint oil. I'm so the peppermint girl. I HATE spearamint...only peppermint for me. Not only does it give me a little lip tint, it is very thick and glossy, smells good, and has a yummy flavor.

Of course, since this mall has 4 Starbucks within a half-mile radius, I had to get my caffine boost. My drink of choice there is a No-whip, chai cream frappachino. Quite the mouthful but it's my favorite.

We stopped in at Lenscrafters to see what could be done with Doug's glasses. He's got a pair of frameless Ray-Bans with transitions lenses. Well the lenses have started to seperate and crack. I hoped we could just replace the lenses. I found out that when you have the mounts drilled for frameless lenses that the frames should really only be used once. Well the manager walks over and picks up a new pair of frames, just like the ones Doug has. I asked if they needed his glasses or something and she said she'd send the new frame in. I said oh then you'll switch out the lenses when it comes back. She said, "No, he's getting a brand new pair of frames and lenses." I asked about the price and she said, "Free!" Obviously the problem is with the lenses and it's their problem, and nothing Doug has done. What an awesome relief that I don't have to pay for Doug to get new glasses before the college tuition bills start rolling in!

Then, after leaving the mall, I told them to take me to Best Buy. Today was the day I upgraded to this...



My new pink nano. It's name is officially "mom's pink pod" but we'll just call it mom's ipod. I've had Brian help me understand the whole..download music, set playlists, and docking it. I managed to buy 1 song tonight. I've grabbed some songs from Doug's library, got some from some cd's I had loaded onto my old computer and will raid Brian's i-tunes library tomorrow. I also have a Bonnie Raitt and 10,000 maniacs cds that I'll load into my i-tunes library. I'm sure there are a ton of songs I'd love to own. My brother is the king of i-tunes songs. He's got over 10,000 songs and I'll tell him to bring his laptop next time we meet up. That's one music library I can't wait to raid! ;)~

Ok I need to get ready for bed. I'm just having fun sitting here listening to my lil pinky while typing here. If you got any good itunes "gotta have" songs let me know, ok?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What does the "cream" part stand for in the chai cream frappuccino?

My drink is the grande no whip nonfat decaf 170 degree mocha. Or as one worker told my mom: the why bother mocha.