Saturday, July 28, 2007

From trash to treasure

I told you I found a cute little chair in the garbage at someone's house. Well it wasn't really "garbage" because the people didn't put a "garbage sticker" on it for the garbage man to take. So I picked it up, found some funky fabric at Ikea, and my mom and I recovered it. It even has the spots in the legs for casters. I'm going to pick up some replacements and take this little baby to school to roll around on.

Here it is before:


and here is the after:



So what do you think? Was it a good grab to save it from the garbage man? Every time I've done that, I usually wind up keeping it for a long time or selling it. I remember picking up an easel from the neighbor's who used to live across the street. I had been painting something else blue so I painted the easel blue. Then I sold it at a garage sale for $15. They came to the garage sale and didn't even recognize the easel.

You know my chair, my sister was at my mom's today and saw the seat and asked if that was the chair she saw when she came to the graduation party. It was and it sat out on the curb for 4 days before I picked it up. She was going to pick it up but I got it first!

2 comments:

Zoe said...

cool fabric great find awesome looking chair


and question.... do your mp3's have to be "itunes" or can you load any mp3..... cause i have over 1500 plus books on "tape"

Val said...

LOVE that sweet chair! I wish I had a chair I could cover... I love playing with fabrics.