Monday, July 30, 2007

The not so busy life

It seems that it's either feast or famine in my life. Either it's so crazy busy that your head spins or there's nothing. It seems that my life is about to go into famine, here's why.

I'm finished with school. I won't have any weekly classes or homework. I do have the certification tests to take but other than that, nothing classwork related.

My oldest son is leaving for college in about 3 weeks so there won't be too much stuff for him. I think I might go out to a football game or something but he's now on his own.

My youngest is 15. He's always on the go skateboarding or something. He still needs his taxi driver, so that won't end for another year or more but things slow down a bit more with him when school starts. I bet we'll be running to volleyball tournaments and practices, but that's not unusual.

My creative time seems to be changing too. I've been on three really great digital scrapbooking creative teams. About a month ago, Cindy Simon decided that she wanted to spend more time on family things and decided to stop designing for a while. I envy her for that. She's got her priorities straight, wtg Cindy!


Christine Smith another awesome designer stopped selling her stuff at The DigiChick. She's putting her existing digital designs for sale on her own site. She's focusing her efforts on her amazingly creative storeScrapquick! I am so lucky to be a page creator or artist there for the sensational designers who associate their kits with Scrapquick so that the page artists, like me, can design unique pre-made pages for the ease of digital scrapbooking.

Then I just heard that my third creative team was disbanding.
Tracy Rivera has been busy with life and now her design team members have no requirements any longer.

I'm sad and I was thinking of applying for Jennilyn designscreative team call but was gone almost all day yesterday and missed the call. Darn!

So I'm free to create for me and my family now. I'll miss working with some very talented designers and very talented, creative, and inspiring creative team members. I think I'd like to be on some creative teams as guest designers. Fun and short term committments with a bunch of very talented people. If anyone is looking for guest creative team members here is the link to my digital gallery at The Digichick.

So for now, I'll try to be happy living the not so busy life. How does one learn to go from a hectic, go...go...go lifestyle to a little more slow and a little mundane lifestyle? If you know, or if you've done it let me know how you learn to adapt.

Happy Monday everyone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Enjot the peace and quiet while you can as school starts soon I am sure. School here starts Monday! Oh, I LOVE the new header. Looks awesome!