Sunday, June 03, 2007

goofing around

I've got the knack for digital scrapbooking but I've felt very lacking in my photo editing. I've surveyed a couple of my good friends for what they do when they photo edit. Ursula Page who does some great photography has given me some editing tips. But I guess without sitting down and actually trying them consistantly, I've just not gotten that good at it.

As I begin to plan out my summer, I want to really get my photos edited and organized. The only problem is that my computer isn't reading my cd/dv-r's. Hmmmmm I really need to back up photos badly too!

Well today I found Everyday Digital Scrapbooking website. They had a photo editing tutorial with a link to a website for a free effect. I tried it and really seemed to understand what I need to start doing with my own photo editing.

Well after I finished with their tutorial, I started playing a bit.
This was the original


It took several different photo correction steps, I think I remember them
1. Adjust Levels
2. Adjust Brightness and Contrast
3. Remove Noise (
4. High Pass Filter radius set to 10
5. Layer Pallet set to hard light
6. Opacity slider suggested between 20 and 70) mine was 59
7. Applied a mid-tone sharpening that was a freebie offered at this website, lonestar digital
8. Then I was continuing to read the lonestar site and saw their unsharpen mask, fade tutorial but PSE4 doesn't have fade so then I was looking for some filter that may be like fade and found Halftone Pattern
9. Then I selected (I think, this is when I was goofing around) underpainting.

Anyway, this was the outcome.

No comments: