Sunday, March 22, 2009

Weekends just aren't long enough

especially when the weather is great. I've finally spilled the beans to a few friends about the status of my health and that I've scheduled surgery. I keep feeling my throat and I think it's getting smaller, but people keep telling me to get it out. I am still having mixed emotions about it, but I still have a bit of time before the day.

I've got a lot coming up soon with parent-teacher conferences, report cards, and grading college papers while on spring break from the college this week. I've finally got my hair appointment rescheduled thatI had to cancel from a couple weeks ago to go have some medical tests. Don's off school this week and I've talked him into taking the train into the city where I week so we can go to the spring flower show at the Garfield Park Conservatory. I can only imagine how excited he is about it, but I know tulips, daffodils, crocus, 800 azaleas, and 400 hydrangias can only perk up my mood.

I've bunches of paper work to file and organize and it's supposed to be mostly rainy this week so maybe one evening-not Thursday, ER night- will be for filing and organizing.

This weekend I went to my friend's scrapbook day. She hosts a scrapbook day once a month and her husband fixes a great lunch. I actually met my goal of having my Texas album done. It was quite liberating to just go with the flow and not have any true rule other than 7x5 album. It probably has about 12 pages and was quite fun to work on. Hand journaling, some photos back to back, transparancies, laser cut paper, and notebookesque paper. No rules, just freedom to be creative. I've been working on theme albums lately to get them finished that worring about a lot of embellishments for each page. I am trying to decide whether or not to finish up some half-finished pages next, find, edit, and print some Oprah's favorite things pictures that I thought were lost, or begin on my Europe trip photo carousel. Just not too sure where to go.

I know I've got some time before I get to scrapbook again because I don't go on spring break until April 9. I just hope my spark of creativity doesn't leave before then.

Hope everyone who stops by has a wonderful week and hopes your weather is better than the rain predicted each day this week.

No comments: