Sunday, April 27, 2008

200th Post

Who would have guessed that when I started this little ole' blog that I'd have 200 posts. I didn't that's for sure!

Let me give you a bit of an update on my Little Give Experience. It has been quite a week. I was on the radio again Tuesday morning to report how much money I was able to raise. You can download the April 22, Eric and Kathy Podcast to listen to me on the radio here!

I can't remember if I mentioned how much I earned in my last blog post, but I was able to raise $4,000!!!!! In 24 hours I was able to do more than I thought I could. People were amazing. This even caught the attention of the local newspaper and one of the ministers at church. Today he brought up my email and the amount I was able to raise in church.

I need to finish collecting the money, just a few people more and a couple more schools to collect from, get everything together and go to the facility.

Things are getting crazy-busy at school. It always does between April and June. I have am volunteering at the book fair tomorrow for a bit, then into a meeting (all after school), Reading group for 2 more weeks on Tuesday and Thursdays afterschool, Wednesday meeting too, and I've got to start getting organized to pack up my entire room. I wish I knew if I was staying put in that room or moving. I have requested to change rooms to the front hall but don't know yet if I'll be moving. We should be knowing soon, usually by Memorial Day.

We also have a difficult situation facing us, Don has the feeling that his time with U-haul is nearing an end. Often the case with middle management when a new president comes in, he tries to bring in his own people and with Don being so qualified and really should have gotten that job, the new 24 year old boss feels that Don is a threat and has demotted him and has told his new manager to get rid of him. This is truly an unfortunate situation but I feel that God will reveal a plan and somewhere a window is open for Don to find. Thankfully the college and high school tuitions are paid and we have a bit of reprieve from those. If you are the praying type, please keep us in your prayers that Don can find a job that pays pretty decent that will help us stay afloat, and that it is something that he likes and can do well.

I've got to go start on some papers to grade or starting my grocery list for a quick trip to the store. Tons to get done because we are thinking of volunteering at St. James Farm. This was the private, farm retreat of the McCormicks, of Chicago and International Harvester riches. Their farm has been purchased by the county's forest perserve and it's about to open to the public for the first time ever. You can read more about the interesting history of this in this newsletter. I was quite surprised at how much I learned about Illinois and Chicago history that I didn't know.

I hope you've found something intersting in this 200th blog post. I guess that is about an average of 100 posts per year or once every 3.5 days. Hey not so bad when you consider that the title of my blog is "My Busy Life." I think I sort of let you know that I'm pretty busy. I hope you're not too busy to leave me a little comment.
Thanks!

1 comment:

Angelina Schwarz said...

I will definitely keep your family in my prayers, Laura! That's too bad about the new "boss", but you are right, God will reveal his plan. How many more days of school for you? We're at 21. WOOHOO! :)